As a skincare pro, if you’re not educating your clients on the who, what, when and why of essential oil blends, it’s time to start. The benefits are powerful—from healing skin conditions to skin barrier repair and more, these blends can add a highly-concentrated dose of vitamins to the skin. Here’s how to get the most out of using them in your treatments, and of course how to talk to your clients about adding some “essential” magic to their daily skincare routine.
Who: Why Tuel’s Essential Oil Blends are Different
Good for every skin type, Tuel Essential Oil Blends are formulated and designed to balance and nourish with a concentrated blend of plant extracts. Made from 100% natural ingredients without preservatives, or added fragrance. But the real difference maker is they are made to perform. Our retail essential oil blends contain 15% active ingredients offering more value.
What: Essential Oil Facts
Pure plant extracts, essential oils are made by steaming or pressing various parts of the plant including barks, leaves and flowers to naturally capture the healing properties. Some believe they are truly vitamins for the skin. Essential oils in their pure form are too strong to apply directly to the skin. Essential blends, however, like ours, are formulated to apply directly on the skin, with a 15% concentration of plant extracts blended with a carrier oil to deliver active ingredients safely and effectively to the skin.
When: Boost Your Professional Treatments
All our essential oil blends are also used in professional treatments during the Nourish and Mask stages.
- Nourish: Before massage, place 5-7 drops onto the palm of a moist hand. Rub palms together and smooth onto face, neck and décolleté.
- Mask: Add 5 drops of a skin type appropriate essential oil blend to the finishing mask of choice.
- The Relax Essential Oil Blend is excellent for all skin types and also effective as a body treatment. Just add 5 drops to a Body Contouring mixture, or 7 drops to enhance the body massage and alleviate bruising.
When educating your clients about at-home use of our essential oils blends, we recommend they apply the skin type appropriate product before their serums or moisturizers. Unlike other oils, these should not be used as a last step in their skincare routine.
Why: The Results Speak for Themselves
Fast-absorbing, essential oil blends easily melt into the skin to help nourish and promote hydration, while refining and protecting the skin. Results may include a supple complexion, relief from common skin conditions, and anti-aging benefits. If your clients are dealing with any of these issues, talk to them about the benefits of our blends for the face.
- Acne: Triggered by genetics, diet, hormones, stress, medication, and skincare products, the right essential oil blend can aid in fighting acne-causing bacteria. An essential oil blend with bergamot, cedarwood and palmarosa can help balance oil levels and prevent breakouts, while minimizing the appearance of scarring and calm inflamed spots.
- Dry Skin: Try an essential oil blend designed to soothe, soften and improve the overall appearance of the skin. Rosemary, bergamot mint and geranium can help boost hydration, promote healthy circulation and improve overall skin health.
- Aging Skin: Designed to soften and moisturize, anti-aging essential oil blends are formulated specifically for mature skin. Look for essential oils rich in antioxidants such as cypress, geranium and carrot seed.
- Rosacea and Eczema: To help ease the symptoms caused by these conditions, an essential oil blend that offers a soothing blend of lavender, roman chamomile and geranium that can help strengthen the skin’s natural defenses and promote healing.