Body care is bigger than ever in 2022. From professional body care treatments to body care routines, people are looking for ways to care for all of their skin. Body care treatments and products that address certain concerns such as aging, acne and clogged pores are trending as well. But if you’ve been overlooking your body care business in the past, it’s not too late to focus on it in your salon this year. Here’s how to make sure your clients look great from head to toe.
Offer These Body Care Treatments
If you are just getting started offering body care services at your salon, start with a few focused, but effective treatments. With an emphasis on improving skin tone and texture while hydrating and keeping the skin supple, offering these treatments will get their overall body care off to a healthy start. Educate your clients that caring for their body is just as important as caring for their face.
- Minimize Cellulite: Offer a treatment featuring a cellulite minimizing cream designed to reduce the appearance of those lumps and bumps, boost circulation to stimulate surface blood flow, and invigorate the skin for a more toned look.
- Increase Circulation: Include a detoxifying body contouring treatment which will increase circulation and improve the stimulation of lymph flow to help revitalize the skin. Use a body contouring wrap cream to speed up the detox process and purge the body of impurities.
- Breast Treatment Facial: Many women have brown, sun damaged spots on their chest thanks to sun damage. A breast treatment focuses on the bust area which includes the entire décolleté, breasts, three inches below the breast and the sides of the breasts. In addition to helping with sun damage, it can tone and lift the skin as well. Make it an addition to your normal facial
- Dry Brushing: This treatment invigorates all major systems of the body including the lymph, circulatory, nervous, and digestive systems while also stimulating major organs. Use a gentle massage with sterilized and firm dry brushes (often made from plant fibers such as cactus) to slough away dead skin cells. It also can reduce the look of cellulite and tighten the skin while leaving it soft thanks to mild exfoliation.
- Exfoliate for Glowing Skin: If dry winter skin has your clients frustrated, try a scrub and mud treatment. It will exfoliate and add moisture to the skin. Start by applying Power Scrub mixed with water to gently remove dead skin cells and preparing the skin to absorb the mud treatment.
Emphasize a Consistent at Home Body Care Routine
One of the fastest ways to see your retail sales grow? Keep your shelves stocked with body care products and then work with your clients on establishing a body care routine after their treatments.
- Body Wash: An invigorating low-foaming body wash that uses natural benefits of pine essential oil to stimulate the senses, offers mild exfoliation from glycolic acid, and other ingredients to nourish and replenish moisture is a great place to start. Also offer a body wash exfoliating kit to encourage gentle exfoliation.
- Body Serum: Hydration doesn’t stop at the face. Encourage the use of a hydrating body serum with ingredients like hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin. Just like on the face, a body serum will increase the effectiveness of any lotion or cream to help improve your skin’s overall health and appearance. It’s best when used after a bath or shower while the skin is still damp and follow with a lotion/cream. And it’s great to use during pregnancy to help with stretch marks.
- Travel Sizes: Consider carrying travel sizes of all these products as well as it’s always best for clients to avoid switching up their skin or body care routine while traveling.
Some other Pro Tips include:
- Have the body wash in the restroom for your clients to use as hand soap. This will give them a chance to get familiar with the benefits.
- Feature body lotion at your desk or station where they check out so the last thing they do is take care of their hands as they leave.