Self-care is here to stay and by stepping up your retail gift guide ideas during the holiday season, you not only stay engaged with clients even if your salon is closed, but you also keep yourself and even other small businesses profitable. Read on for a few tips on how to create the merriest of all self-care holiday gifts for your clients.
Tip 1: Carry Perfectly Packaged Holiday Gift Sets
Tuel’s got you covered here. We’ll get you ready for easy holiday retail sales with our 2020 Holiday Gift Sets featuring the ultimate trio of skincare routine essentials tucked into a cute canvas bag. Each gift set is formulated by skin type and includes in a Deep Pore Cleansing Duo, a hydrating moisture cream, and a restorative mask. Gift sets not only make gift giving easy for your clients, they are a smart way to potentially grow your client base. Once someone tries a new product, they are more likely to want more or even come in for a professional treatment. And, this year’s Holiday Gift Sets are so adorable, your clients might just buy one for themselves too. Just think of them as the gift that keeps on giving.
Tip 2: Create a Subscription Service
Subscription services have blown up over the last few years, and from beauty products to meal kits, they are simple, irresistible fun gifts that arrive on the doorstep every month. As a salon owner, you can adapt this business model and offer your clients the opportunity to subscribe themselves or give an annual subscription as a gift to someone else. This also gives you a direct-to-consumer revenue source for your salon. Especially now during the pandemic, who wouldn’t love a little personalized self-love gift arriving at their door every month?
Tip 3: Give a Gift, Get a Gift
Extend the giving in several ways that will benefit you, the community or other small businesses in your area with these ideas:
- Offer a small, free gift with purchase when a customer buys a gift for someone else.
- Make a donation (think toys, blankets, coats, food) for those in need in your community with every gift purchase from your salon.
- Connect with another small business in your area and ask if they’d like to include a gift with purchase from your salon. A little cross-promotion with a business where it makes sense never hurt anyone so be sure to offer to do the same. It’s a great time to work free samples, salon information, or even a small gift card into a holiday gift basket on sale at another business. This is also a great way to leverage each other’s marketing tools and customer databases.
Tip 4: Get the Word Out
With any of these tips, promotion is the winning ingredient to a successful holiday season. Be sure to:
- Promote in your salon with festive holiday displays.
- Create promotional materials such as cards, flyers, and even a landing page for your website. There are many inexpensive and easy to use graphic design sites that can help produce quality designs without breaking the bank.
- Market your Holiday Gift Guide on social media, to your email database and on your website. Consider advertising on social media as well. A little budget (think $100 or so), can really help get the word out to a targeted audience in your community.